How long does it take?
Treatments are clinic based, 40-60mins, with daily routine maintenance at home
What type of anaesthetic is used?
Topical gel anaesthetic when required
Informed consent, ‘prepped’ skin, clinical photography
Scarring & impact on skin
Back to work & socially presentable
Depending on detail of peel, 1-7 days
Back to exercise
Routine maintenance at home
Depending on detail of peel, £300-1500
Programme of bespoke planned treatments
What are Chemical Peels?
Skin peeling is recognised as a fundamental treatment choice for better skin health.
Chemical peels refresh, rejuvenate and rebuild the skin, for the prevention of skin damage and to treat and reverse existing skin damage and ageing. At the Jonathan Britto Clinic we use a range of chemical peels to suit all budgets and social commitments and with the options of light, medium and deep chemical peeling techniques.
Chemical peeling is well and truly at the centre of all good skin health programmes, refreshing, rejuvenating, and repairing the skin.
We are able to advise the peel that suits you and suits your skin. Superficial chemical peels are simple exfoliants, to refresh and add some ‘zing’ before a return to work or play.
Deeper chemical peels, such as the Obagi Blue penetrate the dermis, deglove the debris, and give superior results on many skin problems – from severe sun damage to acne scarring.
Our bespoke skin health programmes support the preparation, recovery, and maintenance of our surgical procedures. The many benefits that Chemical peeling offer along with the flexibility and our bespoke planning means that we can provide the perfect peel to suit all our patients.
For skin health, Chemical peeling is the ‘icing on the cake’ with results that are often far superior to expensive Lasers and skin tightening procedures
Why would you consider a chemical peel?
- Pigmentation. From hormonally driven melasma to the hyperpigmentation of environmental and sun damage, many pigmentation concerns can be improved with chemical peels.
- Sun damaged skin – “Actinic elastosis” (also referred to as solar elastosis) is a condition that is caused by extreme sun damage. The skin takes on a ‘leathery’ appearance and lines form in a ‘hashtag’ structure. Rough textured, thickened pigmented skin is associated with sun damage
Chemical peels not only peel away the visible damage – they stimulate the repair and regeneration of the dermal matrix proteins for improved immune protection, hydration, vascularity and aesthetics Chemical peeling techniques can be used on any areas that have been repeatedly exposed to the sun including the face, neck, décolleté and hands.
- Fine lines and wrinkles. Specialised peels can be used to target the delicate area around the eyes and mouth giving smooth, clear, firm skin. Such fine lines and textural irregularities respond well to combination therapy with specialised fine dermal fillers and chemical peeling options.
- Scarring. Deep acne scarring penetrates all the layers of the dermis. This can be difficult to treat. Chemical peels in combinaton therapies offer superior results over other treatment modalities. Repeated peels refine the skin quality, and combination care with fine fillers is a controllable ‘gold standard, manageable at patients own pace. Difficult post surgical scars are treated with targeted ‘spot – peels’
- Rough textured skin and open pores. Working on different depths of the skin, chemical peels can refine and smooth uneven thickening and reduce the appearance of enlarged pores. Differences in texture from one part of the face to another are controlled and unified with targeted peels to, for example, the ‘T zone’ of the face.
- Rhinophyma. Categorised as a severe form of rosacea, this condition sees a thickening and sebaceous hyperplasia of the skin on the nose. Combined with topical medication creams including antibiotics, deep chemical peels offer a safe and effective treatment for this distressing condition.
- Preparation and surgical recovery. The chemical peel is the mainstay of “treating the envelope”. Where the aesthetic surgery of the eyelids face and nose re-balances the structure, harmonises the shape, and treats the laxity, the chemical peel manages the intrinsic quality of the skin. It provides rehabilitation, optimisation of the skin health, and the aesthetic benefits that show off a surgical result to its very best.